The Limpet Sensor
Building Asset Intelligence
The Limpet sensor is a cost-effective, integrated multi-sensing device designed for deployment in large collectives on and around offshore assets for asset integrity monitoring and inspection.
The Limpet is currently equipped with nine sensing devices and five methods of communication integrated into a single, robust and compact platform. The Limpet enables asset owners, operators and duty holders to effectively monitor a multitude of integrity related parameters for real-time and predicative asset monitoring.
- Small, compact, moveable and retrofitable installation enables monitoring of any area of interest providing greater knowledge and confidence about the integrity of offshore assets
- Multiple sensing inputs provides greater data capture of key integrity related measurements for better decision making
- Multiple communication methods for long and short range, high and low bandwidth data transfers ensuring the information needed is available when required
- Low power, long life data collection for continuous asset monitoring ensuring faults and issues are raised well in advance of critical failure
- Integrated with Robot Operating System (ROS) to allow cross-Limpet, cross-robot mission collaboration creating a completely wireless robot control and asset monitoring network
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV), Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV), Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) and Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) deployable to access hard to reach and hazardous areas for safer installation and removal
- Any structure, safety critical or other, that requires integrity monitoring, e.g. subsea pipelines, subsea risers, platform conductors, platform flare stacks, platform processing pipelines, export pipelines, etc.
- Subsea and topside environments for a complete multi-location sensor network