Robotics and AI: what’s next for offshore energy?
7th December 2021, 14:00 - 15:30 (BST) - Virtual Event
This comprehensive event is jointly organised by the UK’s three leading innovation and research centres for offshore energy in the UK: Net Zero Technology Centre, Offshore Renewable Energy (ORE) Catapult and the ORCA Hub.
In under two hours, you’ll get to meet leading robotics innovation experts and six of the most exciting companies in offshore energy. How can innovations from the oil and gas sector be turned to the renewables sector? Where lie the next frontiers for robotics developers? And how do we bridge the gap between an exciting concept and real-world deployment?
14.00-14.20: The robotics ecosystem
ORE Catapult’s Alex Louden is joined by Prof Yvan Petillot, Director of ORCA Hub, and a speaker from the Net Zero Technology Centre to define the vision for robotics and autonomous systems in offshore energy, the innovation challenges and their leading technology innovation programmes in this arena.
14.20-15.10: Hottest developers in the UK
ORCA Hub, ORE Catapult and Net Zero Technology Centre invite outstanding developers from their programmes to present their latest news and technology innovations
- Dr Pouyan Khalili, Co-Founder and Director, Sonobotics – robotic for non-destructive testing
- Dr Tomasz Luczynski and Dr Jonatan Scharff Willners, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Heriot-Watt University – latest subsea robotics innovations
- Lee Wilson, Co-Founder and CEO, HonuWorx – subsea robotics solutions
- Chris Cieslak, Founder and CEO of BladeBUG Ltd – latest applications for BladeBUG technology for blades and bolts
- Felix Schill, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, Hydromea – pioneering wireless subsea access
- Kieran Hope, Chief Operating Officer, Air Control Entech – visual inspection technologies from oil and gas
All guests will be on hand to take your questions and join Alex in discussing what they think is realistic for robotics in offshore energy environments in the next 5-10 years and how to tackle the remaining barriers.